Listening to real English can be really tough with all the ways we change our pronunciation in real contexts.
But don’t worry – I’m here to help!
In this video I’m going to give you some facts about screen time in the United Kingdom and I’m going to ask you some questions. The answers are below the video (but don’t look until you’ve done the work!).
I’d like you to listen and then EITHER answer the questions OR transcribe the whole text.
- Who loves screen time?
- How long do around half of British adults spend binge-watching TV each day?
- How long do we spend on Facebook?
- How long on Instagram?
- How long on Tiktok?
- How long on YouTube?
Here are the answers and the full transcript:
As a nation, the UK loves screen time. About half of British adults spend between 3 and 4 hours a day binge-watching TV, about 2 hours a day on Facebook, 90 minutes on Instagram and 75 and 25 minutes on TikTok and YouTube respectively.
Even if we’re multitasking and watching more than one thing at once, that’s a lot of screens!
- Who loves screen time? People of the UK
- How long do around half of British adults spend binge-watching TV each day? 3-4 hours
- How long do we spend on Facebook? About 2 hours a day
- How long on Instagram? 90 minutes
- How long on Tiktok? 75 minutes
- How long on YouTube? 25 minutes
How was that? Easy? Difficult? Somewhere in between?
Let me know in the comments.
You might also like….